Would you like to learn how to learn? How to question? How to dream and then efficiently work towards that dream?
Would you like guaranteed opportunities to jobs?
Socelor focuses on 5 Higher Order Thinking Tools:
- Higher-Order Rational Thinking
- The ability to understand applications of logic and general reason to problem, while evaluating solutions and outcomes based on available evidence.
- Complex Inductive Reasoning
- The ability to take related or seemingly unrelated concepts and develop overarching theoretical understandings of what draws the concepts together.
- Hypothetical Deductive Reasoning
- The ability to take an overarching theory or concept and deduce the concepts that will arise from the theory. This is much more difficult than complex inductive reasoning.
- Higher Order Creativity
- Creativity that goes beyond new versions of existing concepts or products
- The awareness of how you think. By understand your own cognitive limitations and the limitations of those around you, it allows for the identification of how these shortcomings may be alleviated.
Learning these skills is hard work and you have likely seen numerous approaches for acquiring sophisticated enabling skills (higher order thinking skills) using smart-phone apps, weekend seminars and numerous other quick, shallow, and inexpensive methods. Unfortunately, in spite of the technological advances we see in many areas of society, learning today is still done the same way as it was done at the time of Socrates in ancient Greece.
Learning these higher order enabling cognitive skills can be done, and The Science of Learning tells us exactly how they can be learned.
Teaching based on the principles underlying The Science of Learning is different from any other formal learning experience you will have had. Education has become teacher focused with either short-term, perishable learning outcomes, specific organizational learning needs that change on a regular basis, or job focused skills that expire with the next round of automation. Through The Science of Learning, we have developed methods that have been empirically demonstrated to produce measurable and lasting valuable outcomes that will not be easily replaced by technology (if ever).
Based on the science that tells us how people learn, we can work with you to foster the enabling skills that will have a long-lasting, powerful, and positive impact for decades to come.